Golden Solar! Advance Power! Green Life!
It may be advisable to operate inverter/UPS from a 12V battery bank of the same type in parallel configuration. Two sets such batteries will generate twice the AH of a single set batteries; three sets batteries will generate three times the AH, and so on. This will lengthen the time before your batteries will need to be recharged, giving you a longer time that you can run your devices.
You can also connect 2 unit 6 volt batteries in series configuration to double the voltage to 12 volt. Note that 6 volt batteries must be connected in pairs.
|12 volt batteries connected in parallel to double the current||6 volt batteries connected in series to double the voltage|
1. Not all fluorescent lamps operate properly with inverter. If the bulb appears to be too bright, or fails too light, do not use the lamp with inverter.
2. Some fans with synchronous motors may slightly increase in speed (RPM) when powered by inverter. This is not harmful to the fan or to the inverter.
3. The majority of portable devices do not have this problem. Most portable devices use separate transformers or chargers that plug into AC receptacles to supply low-voltage DC or AC output to the device. If the label of device states that the charger or adapter produces a low-voltage DC or AC output (30 volts or less), there should be no problem powering that charger or adapter.
4. Safety warning: 220 Volts of current can be lethal. Improper use of a power inverter will result in property damage, personal injury, or loss of life. Please read and follow carefully the instructions in user's manual provided with every inverter/UPS for important safety considerations and precautions.
General safety precautions and installation tips:
1. Place inverter/UPS on a reasonably flat surface, either horizontally or vertically.
2. Inverter/UPS should not be installed in engine compartment, due to possible water/oil/acid contamination, and excessive heat under hood, as well as potential danger from gasoline fumes and spark that inverter/UPS can occasionally produce. It's best to run battery cables to a dry, cool inverter mounting location.
3. Keep inverter/UPS dry. Do not expose them to rain or moisture. DO NOT operate inverter/UPS if the device being operated or any other surfaces that may come in contact with any power source are wet. Water and many other liquids can conduct electricity which may lead to serious injury or death.
4. Avoid placing inverter/UPS on or near heating vents, radiators or other sources of heat. Do not place inverter/UPS in direct sunlight. Ideal air temperature is between 50° and 80° F.
5. In order to properly disperse heat generated while inverter/UPS is in operation, keep them well ventilated. While in use, maintain several inches of clearance around the top and sides of inverter/UPS.
6. Do not use inverter/UPS near flammable materials. Do not place inverter/UPS in areas such as battery compartments where fumes or gases may accumulate.